As many as 2,046 more people tested positive for the infection in the last 24 hours.
The COVID-19 death toll increased to 4,910 while the number of active cases currently in the state is 19,653.
The current death rate is 0.91 per cent and the number of COVID-19 patients dying due to other causes is 1,347.
Among the new cases, 228 were detected in Golaghat, 207 in Kamrup Metro, 122 in Sivasagar, and 115 in Lakhimpur.
The new cases were detected out of 1,33,557 tests conducted during the day.
The daily positivity rate is 1.54 per cent while the cumulative tests conducted in the state are 1,65,26,614.
Meanwhile, 2,655 COVID-19 patients were cured which took the total recoveries to 5,14,543. The current recovery rate is 95.21 per cent.
A total of 84,71,094 beneficiaries have been vaccinated in the state, of whom 14,31,607 received both doses.
- SC asks WhatsApp to publicise undertaking given to Centre in 2021
- Budget ‘anti-people’, ‘opportunistic’: Mamata
- Budget 2023 misses the mark for Northeast India’s industrial sector
- MSSSB: Mizoram student’s body protests over ‘jobs to Non-Mizos’
- Northeast industrial body hails Budget 2023 as ‘growth-oriented’
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events