Guwahati: Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued revised guidelines for conducting recruitment and entrance examinations for higher education, effective from July 14.
According to the order, ASDMA has acted on requests received from various departments/organizations/agencies for conducting recruitment/ entrance examinations across the State on offline mode for the greater interest of the candidates.
The revised guidelines for offline exams are:
- Recruitment and entrance examinations for higher education are permitted across the State with strict adherence to maintenance of COVID-19 protocols including observance of COVID appropriate behaviour by all concerned.
- The examinations should be conducted with 50% of seating capacity of the examination hall or 50 candidates whichever is lower. Also, not more than 200 candidates should be allowed to take examination at any center in a shift.
- Such candidates appearing in the said examinations will be exempted from the restrictions on inter-district movement, movement during curfew hours, odd—even formula of vehicular movement in urban areas on production of valid admit card.
Also Read | Mizoram farmers suffer the brunt of Assam-Mizoram border tensions
- Iraq war’s damage to public trust has consequences right up to today
- IMF approves USD 3 billion for debt-ridden Sri Lanka
- Indian students urge UK PM to act over English test scandal
- What can we expect from the final UN climate report?
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA