Guwahati: Two CRPF personnel suffered bullet injuries following a brawl in Assam‘s Nagaon district, a senior police officer said on Sunday.
The personnel, both driver-constables of the CRPF’s 34 Battalion at the Katamari camp, have reportedly engaged in altercations in the past, too, due to some personal dispute.
“On Saturday night, one jawan barged into the barrack of the other and a fight ensued. One of them was shot but he continued to engage in the duel even after the bullet injury and later shot at his adversary,” Nagaon Superintendent of Police Anand Mishra told PTI.
Both the injured personnel were brought to the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital here for treatment, where their condition is stated to be stable, the SP said.
Mishra said the CRPF Inspector General has reached the spot and initiated a departmental inquiry into the incident.
“We have seized the arms and registered a case. From our end, we are also carrying out an investigation,” he added.
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram