A 5.2 magnitude strong earthquake epicentered in Goalpara in Assam shook most of Northeast India at about 8:45 am on Wednesday, the National Center for Seismology (NCS) said.
The earthquake sent strong tremors across Meghalaya, Assam, Manipur, Sikkim, North Bengal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
According to NCS, the 5.2 magnitude strong was epicentered at a depth of 14 km in Goalpara in Assam, 71-km north of Tura in Meghalaya.
There have been no reports of damage so far.
Also Read | Assam: How Nagaon Police is cracking the whip on helmet-less riders
- Rahul ‘mismanaged’ Himanta episode in Assam: Azad in memoir
- Gods in the machine? Rise of AI may result in new religions
- Now, apply for jobs, give interviews while on tourist, business visa in US
- Major Himalayan rivers like Brahmaputra to see reduced flows as glaciers recede
- SC Collegium expresses concern over Centre withholding names of judges
- Kurseong to be hub of Nepali radio broadcasting in India from Apr 1