A 5.2 magnitude strong earthquake epicentered in Goalpara in Assam shook most of Northeast India at about 8:45 am on Wednesday, the National Center for Seismology (NCS) said.
The earthquake sent strong tremors across Meghalaya, Assam, Manipur, Sikkim, North Bengal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
According to NCS, the 5.2 magnitude strong was epicentered at a depth of 14 km in Goalpara in Assam, 71-km north of Tura in Meghalaya.
There have been no reports of damage so far.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence