At least seven cadres of the newly formed MNLF surrendered before the police on Wednesday following a joint operation carried out by police forces from Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
GP Singh, Special DGP, Assam Police took to Twitter to say, “In pursuance to efforts made by Tinsukia Police, seven misguided youngsters who had formed Moran National Liberation Front have returned to Assam. Few of them are minors.”
He also added that the surrendered cadres will be counselled and appropriate action will be taken as per law. MNLF was formed under the leadership of one Raktim Maran.
Earlier, pictures of two Assam teens, Asim Maran (18) and Mukut Maran (19), who had been reported missing for over a month, surfaced on social media. It was reported that the two had joined MNLF.
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Nagaland Lottery September 22: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Air India Chairman Rajiv Bansal appointed aviation secy
- Tiny antibodies from llamas can potentially treat COVID-19: Study
- Attackers strike Taliban in eastern Afghanistan, 5 killed