At least seven cadres of the newly formed MNLF surrendered before the police on Wednesday following a joint operation carried out by police forces from Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
GP Singh, Special DGP, Assam Police took to Twitter to say, “In pursuance to efforts made by Tinsukia Police, seven misguided youngsters who had formed Moran National Liberation Front have returned to Assam. Few of them are minors.”
He also added that the surrendered cadres will be counselled and appropriate action will be taken as per law. MNLF was formed under the leadership of one Raktim Maran.
Earlier, pictures of two Assam teens, Asim Maran (18) and Mukut Maran (19), who had been reported missing for over a month, surfaced on social media. It was reported that the two had joined MNLF.
Also read | 5G roll out: Delhi HC gives Juhi Chawla week to deposit ₹20 lakh in costs
- Bangladesh tries fences to tackle growing human-tiger conflict in Sundarbans
- Outcome of 2024 elections will ‘surprise’ people: Rahul Gandhi
- Indian-American eighth-grader Dev Shah crowned 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee champion
- HC pulls up Meghalaya govt for coal export without seeking its origin
- Assam: Hailakandi BJP leader promised ‘govt jobs’ for money, arrested
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay