Guwahati: All India Congress Committee (AICC) General Secretary in-charge Jitendra Singh Alwar and Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President Ripun Bora along with MPs and senior leaders of the party have chalked out a series of programs from July 7 to July 17 to protest against the rise in prices of petrol and diesel.
According to the programme schedule, all blocks within each district committee will organise protests maintaining Covid-19 protocols where the party workers will stage sit-in agitation for 2 hours and protest by taking out pots and pans with members of the Mahila Congress, the Youth Congress and other block-level organizations.
A cycle rally will be organised in cities and towns under District Congress Committees with participation from elected party representatives of municipal corporations and office bearers of DCC. The protests will be carried out with placards and slogans against rise in petrol and diesel prices.
Further, on July 17, a protest rally will be launched in Guwahati centrally, to be attended by APCC president, CLP leader, Assam MPs, MLAs, senior leaders, office bearers and members of the Congress party.
Signature campaign in petrol pumps under District Congress Committees will be another form of protest and awareness program against price rise of petrol and diesel, said Bobbeeta Sharma, chairperson of APCC’s media department.
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people