Guwahati: Total lockdown has been imposed in seven districts of Assam, including Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon, owing to high COVID-19 positivity rate in recent days. According to the new standard operating procedure (SOP) issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) on Tuesday, the curfew order will come into effect from 5 am on July 7 (Wednesday), and remain in force until further notice.
Further, the state will keep a close eye on the COVID-19 cases in Sivasagar and Dibrugarh district.
Check details here:
- There will be total containment and lockdown in seven Assam districts showing high positivity rate in recent days. These districts include Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon. The curfew in these districts will be round-the-clock.
- However, in the districts of Assam showing moderate positivity rate, including Sivasagar, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong, the curfew timings will be 2 PM to 5 AM; and from 5 PM to 5 AM in districts showing improvement in positivity case load, including Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo and Hailakandi.
- Sivasagar and Dibrugarh districts in Assam are kept under close watch for one week.
- All work places, business and commercial establishments, shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, restaurants, dhabas and other eateries, sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be closed until further notice in districts showing high positivity rate. The above mentioned establishments can be open up to 1 PM in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 PM in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
- There will be a total ban on movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- In other districts of Assam, all public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Public gathering is banned in total containment districts. In other districts, up to 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programmes.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
The order said, “Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of June 26, 2021, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.”
You can download the new Assam SOP order here or view below: