Guwahati: Assam’s COVID-19 tally rose to 5,17,194 on Sunday as 1,213 more people tested positive for the infection, while 20 fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 4,652 cases, a health bulletin said.
Kamrup Metropolitan district registered the highest number of new cases at 140, followed by Golaghat (114), Sonitpur (96) and Dibrugarh (83).
Morigaon and Nagaon districts reported the highest number of new fatalities at three each, followed by two in Dibrugarh.
The state now has 22,155 active cases, while 4,89,040 people have thus far recovered from the disease, including 2,775 in the last 24 hours.
The recovery rate among the COVID-19 patients in the state stands at 94.56 per cent, while the mortality rate is at 0.90 per cent, the bulletin said. It added that 1,347 coronavirus patients have died due to other ailments so far.
The state has thus far tested over 1.53 crore samples for COVID-19, including 53,848 in the last 24 hours, it said, adding the daily positivity rate stands at 2.25 per cent.
More than 76.28 lakh people have been inoculated so far, of whom 12.99 lakh have received both doses.
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- BJP plans to add six more organisational districts in Assam
- UK includes Covishield in approved vaccine list for travel but keeps India out
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram