Golaghat: A tusk-less adult elephant was found dead in a wetland in Assam‘s Golaghat district on Saturday, forest officials said.
The elephant had fallen into the Sungihola waterbody under Khumtai outpost of the district on Friday morning and after being stuck there for a day, it died, they said.
After a post-mortem was conducted, the body was buried in the vicinity, they added.
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes