Guwahati: Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) on Tuesday cut the power supply of a private hospital and a building that houses a major news media in Guwahati due to non-payment of electricity bills.
Tagging the Chief Minister’s Office on Twitter, APDCL wrote, “Due to non-payment of energy bills, power supply to Ayursundra Hospital, Gorchuk, Guwahati and M/s Swastik Engineers (office of DY365 is also affected) has been disconnected.”
As per the data provided by APDCL, Ayursundra Hospital has pending power bills of about Rs 36,21,870 and Swastik Engineers has about Rs 13,90,770.
The Chief General Manager of APDCL Abhijit Sarma Barua told G plus, “The power supply is currently disconnected to both places. We will resume the connection as soon as the payments are cleared.”
Earlier, on June 28, Assam Power Minister Bimal Borah announced an instalment payment facility to avoid power cut for consumers with high amounts of bills pending.
Power departments have also seen an opportunity to make this sector profitable in the next five years from the loss of about Rs 300 crore that has been recurring per month.
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms
- Outdated Covid travel advisories, conflicting norms causing inconvenience to people