Guwahati: Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday handed over a letter of appointment to ‘hero cop’ Borsing Bey as a constable in Assam Police, felicitating him for his courageous deed, which helped in recovering drugs worth Rs 12 crore.
The Chief Minister also said that the most important quality of a home guard is to resist temptation.
The ‘selfless and honest act’ of Bey had led to the recovery of crystal meth or ice, a high-quality and potent stimulant drug, worth Rs 12 crore from a Guwahati-bound ‘night super’ bus at a check-gate under Dillai police station in Karbi Anglong district on the night of June 21.
The Chief Minister also congratulated SP Karbi Anglong and his team for neutralising militant organizations, nabbing criminals, etc. He praised their work and said that good leadership motivates the team to work harder, adding, “Honesty and bravery will always be respected.”
The Cabinet on Thursday had decided to appoint Home Guard Borsing Bey as Constable in Assam Police.
Previously, Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta has announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for Bey as a reward for his honesty that led the police department to win another war against illegal activities.
- International Beer Day: Lesser-known Indian beers you should try!
- MP govt announces Rs 1 cr reward for Hockey players Vivek Sagar, Nilakanta Sharma
- Ready to cook and bake with beer? Here are some of our favourite recipes
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games