Assam Health Minister Keshab Mahanta informed that people who have received both doses of their COVID-19 vaccination can skip COVID-19 testing at railway stations and airports.
This decision was taken during a COVID-19 review meeting held in Guwahati on Friday under the chairmanship of Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
The previous month, Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri had announced that the Centre was mulling to do away with COVID-19 negative report for passengers who have received both the doses of vaccine and intend to travel in domestic airlines.
Meanwhile, the Assam Government has decided to impose a total lockdown in three districts and one sub-division of the state owing to a high number of COVID-19 positive cases being detected in those places.
Total lockdown in the districts of Goalpara, Biswanath, Morigaon and Bokakhat sub-division in Golaghat will come into force from Monday (June 28).
Lockdown in these three districts and one sub-division will be for one week. Briefing the media, Keshab Mahanta said: “The number of hotspots in Assam has increased to 247.”
Curfew in Kamrup-Metro district will now come into force from 4 in the evening and will continue till 5 in the morning the next day.
On the other hand, shops in the district have been allowed to keep open till 3 pm every day. Moreover, inter-district movement in Assam will continue to remain suspended till July 4, as per the new orders.
- Assam forest officials spot tiger at Raimona National Park
- NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope reaches destination, 1.5M km from Earth
- Manik Sarkar slams Modi, Shah for praising the kings of Tripura
- Assam logs 5,902 new COVID-19 cases, 18 more deaths
- Arunachal Pradesh logs 668 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- COVID-19: Manipur registers 418 fresh cases, two deaths