Guwahati: Assam government issued revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on Friday, relaxing curfew timings in Kamrup Metropolitan district, which includes Guwahati, until 4 pm. However, a total lockdown will be imposed in Goalpara, Biswanath, Morigaon and Bokakhat sub-division in Golaghat districts starting Monday.
Addressing media, Health Minister Keshab Mahanta issued the new SOP, according to which, shops can remain open till 3 pm, from the current 1 pm timing.
To curb the spread of COVID-19, total lockdown will be imposed in Goalpara, Biswanath, Morigaon and Bokakhat sub-division in Golaghat districts from Monday for a week.
At least 247 COVID-19 hotspots have been identified across Assam, which will be declared as containment zones. Only essential services will be allowed in these zones.
The relaxed restrictions will be effective from Monday (June 28) till Sunday (July 4), said reports.
Check details here:
- Curfew in Guwahati to be from 4pm. Shops to be closed down by 3pm.
- Total lockdown announced for four districts: Biswanath, Goalpara, Morigaon and Bokakhat town of Golaghat district.
- Only essential services will be allowed to operate in these districts.
- Inter-district travel remains prohibited.
- Those who are fully vaccinated need not be tested at airport and railway stations, provided they can produce their final vaccination certificate
- Exporters say key buyer Iran not lifting Indian tea
- The era of megalopolis: how the world’s cities are merging
- More boys with cancer being diagnosed than girls in India: Lancet study
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted
- India, B’desh pledge to work together to curb terrorism as Indian envoy meets PM Hasina