Guwahati: Assam government issued revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on Friday, relaxing curfew timings in Kamrup Metropolitan district, which includes Guwahati, until 4 pm. However, a total lockdown will be imposed in Goalpara, Biswanath, Morigaon and Bokakhat sub-division in Golaghat districts starting Monday.
Addressing media, Health Minister Keshab Mahanta issued the new SOP, according to which, shops can remain open till 3 pm, from the current 1 pm timing.
To curb the spread of COVID-19, total lockdown will be imposed in Goalpara, Biswanath, Morigaon and Bokakhat sub-division in Golaghat districts from Monday for a week.
At least 247 COVID-19 hotspots have been identified across Assam, which will be declared as containment zones. Only essential services will be allowed in these zones.
The relaxed restrictions will be effective from Monday (June 28) till Sunday (July 4), said reports.
Check details here:
- Curfew in Guwahati to be from 4pm. Shops to be closed down by 3pm.
- Total lockdown announced for four districts: Biswanath, Goalpara, Morigaon and Bokakhat town of Golaghat district.
- Only essential services will be allowed to operate in these districts.
- Inter-district travel remains prohibited.
- Those who are fully vaccinated need not be tested at airport and railway stations, provided they can produce their final vaccination certificate
- Indian women’s cricket team wins gold at Asian Games
- BJP elects Rikman Momin as Meghalaya state president
- Unveiling the splendours of creative expression: Ziro Literary Festival 2023 beckons
- 88-year-old hero from Mizoram’s Lawngtlai District receives Jeevan Raksha Padak
- Assam-origin entrepreneur launches tea brand with traceable chip packaging
- Mizoram: Ex-chairman of Chakma council convicted of corruption