Guwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 4,93,688 on Thursday as 2,781 more people tested positive for the infection, while 34 fresh fatalities pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 4,344, a health bulletin said.
Golaghat district recorded the highest number of fresh cases at 249, followed by Sonitpur (228) and Dibrugarh (182), it said.
Jorhat reported the highest number of fresh fatalities at five, followed by four in Kamrup Metro, Karbi Anglong, Nagaon and Tinsukia and two each in Charaideo, Darrang and Hojai.
The state now has 29,667 active cases, while 4,58,330 people have recovered from the disease thus far, including 3,604 in the last 24 hours.
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 92.84 per cent, while the mortality rate is at 0.88 per cent.
A total of 1,347 coronavirus patients have died due to other causes to date.
The state has so far tested over 1.42 crore samples for COVID-19, including 1.24 lakh in the last 24 hours. The daily positivity rate stood at 2.24 per cent.
A total of 65.14 lakh people have been inoculated thus far.
- China seals city as its worst COVID-19 outbreak in a year grows
- Meghalaya-Assam border row: ‘Give & take’ policy not acceptable, says Cong MLA
- Meet the jury members of Northeast Launchpad
- NGT directs Meghalaya govt to file affidavit on action taken against illegal miners
- Meghalaya to follow same strategy to deal with COVID-19: New health minister
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now