Morigaon (Assam): Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma on Friday assured of speedy justice to the parents of a nine-year-old girl who was allegedly raped and murdered in Morigaon district a few days ago.
The girl, who hailed from Balidunga village in Bhuragaon police station area, was found dead in a jute field near the Brahmaputra River on June 20. She was suspected to have been raped and murdered.
After visiting the victim’s parents at Bhuragaon during the day, Assam CM told reporters that all the culprits will be arrested and exemplary punishment meted out to them.
Police have registered a case and arrested one person in connection with the incident.
“All rape cases will be dealt with by fast-track courts and justice as per law will be ensured,” Assam CM Sarma, who visited Bhuragaon police station along with DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta to take stock of progress in the probe, said.
- Tipra Motha to hold demonstration in Delhi demanding ‘Greater Tipraland’
- AIIMS server down for 7th straight day; two system analysts suspended
- No problem with legislators jumping ship ahead of polls: Meghalaya CM
- Tripura: Foundation stone laid for International Buddhist University
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule, fixtures, predictions today, Nov 30
- India’s Maternal Mortality Ratio dips to 97 in 2018-20 from 130 in 2014-16