Guwahati: Acknowledging the heroic deed of Assam Police Home Guard Borsing Bey, whose ‘selfless and honest act’ led to the recovery of crystal meth worth Rs 12 crore in Karbi Anglong district, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said Bey will be appointed as a constable in Assam Police.
Chief Minister Sarma tweeted: “#ASSAMCABINET UPDATE – Thursday, June 24, 2021 Glad to share that in today’s Cabinet Meeting, we have decided that Home Guard Borsing Bey will be appointed as Constable in @assampolice as a reward for the integrity he has displayed by refusing bribe.”
Bey’s selfless act was lauded by both common citizens and bureaucrats. Assam Director General of Police (DGP) Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta said Bay was offered a huge bribe by the accused persons in return for letting them go free but he refused the offer.
“The lion’s share of credit for this drug haul goes to home guard Bay who will be reward by rupees one lac for his honestly,” Mahanta had said.
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute