Assam’s Hima Das defeated Tamil Nadu’s S Dhanalakshmi in the 200-metre women’s final at the Indian Grand Prix-4 in Patiala. However, she failed to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics.
Das crossed the line in 22.88 seconds, missing the national record by just 0.06 seconds. However, Hima Das failed to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics as the qualification mark stands at 22.80 seconds.
The decision for the 400m track event will be made today, although her clearing this particular track event seems to be less likely. In the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia, Das made Indian national record in 400m with timing 50.79sec.
- DRDO hands over to MSQAA authority holding sealed particulars of Akash missile
- 3 Chinese astronauts return safely after completing six months mission
- Netflix’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover reduces this tale of class conflict to a simple love story
- RBI likely to moderate interest hike: Experts
- Ventilation reduces the risk of COVID. So why are we still ignoring it?
- Does fake behaviour strike a chord with the corrupt?