Guwahati: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday raided the residence of the owners of Ghosh Brothers Automobiles at Spanish Garden and Manik Nagar.
Earlier this month, CBI has registered a case against Guwahati-based Ghosh Brothers and its promoters and directors in a bank fraud case worth Rs 168 crore.
The persons booked are Pranab Kumar Ghosh, Pratul Kumar Ghosh, Gita Rani Ghosh, Prabir Kumar Ghosh, and all promoters-directors of Ghosh Brothers Automobiles.
Besides them, CBI has also named CA Arunabha Chattopadhyay and unknown bank officials and private persons.
The agency registered a case based on a complaint from IDBI Bank for causing a loss of Rs 168.62 crore.
It is alleged that term loan and cash credit facility were sanctioned fraudulently to the private company based at Guwahati to the tune of Rs 64.67 crore from IDBI Bank, Guwahati Branch for purchasing vehicles.
But the loan was availed by submission of false documents and the accused indulged in the diversion of money for the purpose other than for which the loan was sanctioned, thereby caused a loss of Rs 168.62 crore as of January 31, 2021, to the bank.
Also, as of July 1, 2020, the outstanding balance was Rs 153.38 crore and the said account became NPA due to the non-payment of dues to the Bank.
- Wrestler Deepak loses semifinal, to fight for bronze now
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Noon lottery result
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study