Guwahati: Assam government on Monday introduced fresh guidelines regarding COVID-19 curfew and lockdown restrictions, extending the protocols until further notice.
According to the new guidelines by Assam State Disaster Management Authority, in the eight districts – South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao and Charaideo, the lockdown like conditions have been relaxed as the number of positive cases are less than 400 cumulatively in the last 10 days.
As notified earlier, movement is allowed from 5 am to 5 pm in these districts.
The orders, effective from 5 am on June 22 will continue until notified further.
On Sunday, Assam recorded 1,775 new cases of COVID-19 infections, and 30 fatalities, taking the total case tally to 4,82,505 and death toll to 4,208.
Check the complete order below:
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily in Kamrup Metropolitan district, considering the decreasing trend of COVID-19 cases including decrease in the daily case load.
- In the districts viz. South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao and Charaideo, where the positive cases are showing less than 400 cumulatively in last 10 days, the lockdown like conditions are here by relaxed and movement of individuals will be allowed from 5 AM to 5 PM daily.
- Districts where the total number of cumulative cases and per day cases are still showing persistently high numbers, especially Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sonitpur and Nagaon will be under close watch. In case there is no improvement in the COVID status in these districts, stricter restrictions may follow.
- In the districts other than the districts mentioned in 1 and 2 above, restrictions imposed vide order No ASDMA/28/2021/90 dated the 4th June 2021 shall continue to remain in force until further order i.e. total ban in movement of individuals from 1 PM to 5 AM daily.
Gatherings in urban and rural areas:
- No meeting or gathering at any open or closed spaces shall be allowed;
- For marriages, only religious part will be allowed with presence of maximurn of 10 (ten) persons No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage
- All Religious places shall remain closed until further orders. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals or prayers
- Funeral or last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons for each deceased.
- In case of hotels or resorts, in-house guests may be allowed to dine-in up to the usual time of operation.
- Delivery of essential goods through e-Commerce may continue with observance of COVID appropriate behaviour
- Weekly haats and bazaars shall continue to be not allowed.
- Pharmacies. Hospitals, Animal Care Centres and Veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services.