Muthoot Finance, in association with Seven Sisters Development Assistance (SeSTA), a not-for-profit organization, is supporting local medical agencies by donating essentials to help fight COVID-19 in Dewarpara, Bijniand Chaitangur VCDC of Manikpur Block, Chirang.
The joint initiative will provide medical essentials like infrared digital thermometers, oximeters, sanitizers, facemasks, and medicines like Becosule, Immuguard, ZU-C 500-tab etc., to three sub-centres.
Manikpur SeSTA conducted an awareness-cum-distribution camp with support from Muthoot Group on Thursday. MLA Bijni Ajoy Roy, SDMO Dr Owary, SDMO Ranjit Boro, NHM block CHC and others were also present during the camp.
MLA Ajoy Roy applauded the initiative of SeSTA for support to the marginalized community for overall development and now in the fight against Covid.
“I am really grateful towards SeSTA for arranging this event and bringing in a reputed organization like Muthoot Finance to support the sub-centres in my area, With the support of Muthoot group, the sub-centres in my area will be able to take care of the patients and spread awareness in our area. I am really thankful to both SeSTA and Muthoot Group,” the MLA said.
A group of ASHA workers and community cadres responsible for community support will be trained to spread awareness in the villages under these two VCDCs. SeSTA is engaged in the distribution of dry ration, medi kits, makeshift beds and other essentials in another 15 blocks of nine districts in Assam.
- 2 PG students suspended from Assam Medical College for ragging
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Schedule and fixtures today, Nov 29
- Real Estate v/s FD: The Epic Battle of Investments?
- Meghalaya Cabinet nod for setting up 7 outposts along border with Assam
- Assam: Cops fire at man in case of mistaken identity in Nagaon
- Urgent need to resurrect Manipuri Cinema: Eikhoigi Yum director Romi Meitei