In a shocking incident, a youth was stabbed to death in Doomdooma in upper Assam’s Tinsukia district on Sunday. The incident took place at the Hanchara tea estate under the Doomdooma police station.
Jugnu Tanti, a resident of line no 12, passed away after he was brutally attacked with a machete by the accused, Ramen Tikka.
As per information, Jugnu Tanti had a minor conflict with Ramen Tikka’s son, Thomas Tikka, during a football match on Sunday afternoon.
Ramen saw them fighting and came with a machete and stabbed Jugnu to death. Another youth from the area also sustained major injuries during the attack.
Following the incident, the area was tense and Ramen Tikka allegedly set his own house on fire.
However, a team of the Doomdooma police rushed to the spot and apprehended Ramen Tikka and brought the situation under control.
- Army rescues 2 men in Arunachal’s Upper Siang district
- Pregnant forest guard beaten up by couple in Maharashtra’s Satara
- Assam reports its first case of rhino poaching in 2022
- ‘Bulli Bai’ app case: Mumbai court denies bail to 3 accused
- Manipur: Active PLA cadre arrested in Bishnupur
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for Jan 20