Guwahati: The Assam Cabinet after its fifth meeting on Wednesday recommended that it would not be possible to conduct HSLC, High Madrassa and HS final year examinations in view of the prevailing positivity rate of Covid-19.
A final decision in this regard would be taken on June 18 at a meeting between the Education Department and various other stakeholders, informed Health Minister Keshab Mahanta.
It was also decided to set up four new forensic laboratories at the Assam Medical College and Hospital at Dibrugarh, Silchar Medical College and Hospital, Tezpur Medical College and Hospital, and at Bongaigaon Civil Hospital.
Another key decision was to not allow home isolation for any Covid-19 patient who does not have separate accommodation facility at home.
To empower the Social Welfare Department, the Cabinet allowed it to procure rice directly from the Food Corporation of India (FCI) for the Supplementary Nutrition Programme under ICDS, to reduce costs. This will result in a reduction of at least Rs 8 per kg of rice and at least Rs 50 crore per annum.
Further, the Cabinet approved the statutes of Madhabdev University at Narayanpur, Bhattadev University at Bajali, Pathsala, Birangana Sati Sadhani State University at Golaghat and Rabindranath Tagore University at Hojai, to facilitate smooth functioning.
- PM Modi to virtually participate in ‘kirtan’ programme in Assam
- Assam: Police to launch massive drive against child marriage from Feb 3
- Spent Rs 20.7L on preservation of cultural sites in 2021-22: Govt
- Manipur: Guv La Ganesan opens 3rd session of 12th Legislative Assembly
- Green bonds, SLBs, MDBs in focus at Guwahati G20 meet on sustainable finance
- Rare rocks for Lord Ram idol reach Ayodhya from Nepal