Guwahati: In order to gradually unlock Assam in the ongoing COVID-19 wave, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) issued revised COVID SOPs on Tuesday. According to the notification, curfew in Kumrup Metropolitan district will now be from 2 pm onwards, instead of the current curfew that starts at 1 pm.
Ban on inter-district movement, however, shall continue in Assam till June 22.
Owing to less than 400 cumulative cases in the last 10 days in the eight districts of Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Bongaigaon, Majuli, Dima Hasao, South Salmara and Charaideo, the curfew time has been extended to 5 pm.
Meanwhile, the government has decided to closely watch the five districts of Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sonitpur and Nagaon, where COVID-19 cases are very high, till June 21. If situation does not improve, stricter restrictions may follow.
Check all protocols below:
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily in Kamrup Metropolitan district, considering the decreasing trend of COVID-19 cases including decrease in the daily case load.
- In the districts viz. South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao and Charaideo, where the positive cases are showing less than 400 cumulatively in last 10 days, the lockdown like conditions are here by relaxed and movement of individuals will be allowed from 5 AM to 5 PM daily.
- Districts where the total number of cumulative cases and per day cases are still showing persistently high numbers, especially Cachar, Tinsukia, Dlbrugarh, Sonitpur and Nagaon will be under close watch till 2, June, 2021. In case there is no improvement in the COVID status in these districts, stricter restrictions may follow.
- In the districts other than the districts mentioned in 1 and 2 above, restrictions imposed vide order No ASDMA/28/2021/S0 dated the 4th June 2021 shall continue to remain in force till June 22, 2021 i.e. total ban in movement of individuals from 1 PM to 5 AM daily. Educational Institutions (Government and Private) -for urban and rural areas:
- All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities shall continue to provide quality virtual options Physical classes are allowed.
Gatherings in urban and rural areas:
- No meeting or gathering at any open or closed spaces shall be allowed;
- For marriages, only religious part will be allowed with presence of maximurn of 10 (ten) persons No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage
- All Religious places shall remain closed until further orders. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals or prayers
- Funeral or last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons for each deceased.
- In case of hotels or resorts, in-house guests may be allowed to dine-in up to the usual time of operation.
- Delivery of essential goods through e-Commerce may continue with observance of COVID appropriate behaviour
- Weekly haats and bazaars shall continue to be not allowed.
- Pharmacies. Hospitals, Animal Care Centres and Veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services.
All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended till 5 AM of 22nd June 2021.
Also Read | Assam’s ‘vaccine man’ goes door-to-door to create awareness
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh