Guwahati: All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) has called out Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma for his ‘decent family planning policy’ remark, stating that he should work on controlling it and finding out the reason.
AIUDF spokesperson Aminul Islam said, “Instead of saying that a particular community has more children, the CM should work on controlling it and find out reason.”
This comes a day after Sarma urged the minority community to adopt a “decent family planning policy” for population control to reduce poverty during a press conference to mark the completion of one month of the government led by him.
During a press conference to mark his 30 days in office, the CM said, all stakeholders in the community must come forward and support the government in helping reduce poverty in the community which is primarily due to an unabated increase in population.
“The government is the guardian of all poor people but it needs the support of the minority community in tackling the issue of population growth which is the root cause of poverty, illiteracy and consequent lack of proper family planning,” he said.
- Opposition holds protest march, seeks JPC probe into Adani issue
- Nagaland police restock vehicular force, scrap vehicles over 15 years old
- Ramadan 2023: Five unique & interesting dishes you must try on Iftar
- Beyond G20: Why India-Bangladesh pipeline merits a special discourse
- PM Modi launches series of initiatives to eliminate tuberculosis
- PM to attend spectacular Bihu function in Assam on April 14