The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued an order which states that the imposed restrictions in the state, which were supposed to come to an end on June 5, have now been extended till June 16. Earlier, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had urged all states to keep COVID containment measures in force until June 30.
The ASDMA in the order stated that the following restrictions will be imposed in both urban and rural areas with effect from June 6 and will remain in force till June 16.
There will be a total ban on movement of individuals 1 PM to 5 AM everyday.
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at noon on all days.
- Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guest only up to noon. Takeaway including home delivery of food is allowed till 1 PM after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a Hotel or Resort can allow outside guests up to noon only. However, in-house guests of the Hotel/Resort may be given only room service past noon.
- Cold storages and warehouses may continue past noon. However, sale counters, showrooms etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate past noon.
Work Places (government and private)
1. All offices both Government and Non-government shall remain closed till June 15, 2021.
2. Government/semi-government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above, and senior executives in the non-government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office only for emergency and essential works.
However, 1 and 2 above will not be applicable for organisations rendering essential/emergency services, law enforcement services and election work.
All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
All other restrictions issued by authorities like the odd-even rule for the movement of vehicles and declaration of containment zones will remain as per previous orders.
- CBIC makes Aadhaar authentication mandatory for claiming GST refund
- Assam govt seeks Centre’s help in popularising traditional weaves
- ‘Kanyadaan’ an outdated ritual or important custom? Alia Bhatt’s ad sparks debate
- World Contraception Day 2021: Why we must learn about contraception
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar