A viral video from Tuesday, June 1, of a doctor being thrashed by an angry mob in Udali COVID Care Centre in Assam’s Hojai district, attracted condemnation from various corners, including healthcare workers. A day later, another video from the COVID Care Centre surfaced, and it shows the chain of events that took place before Dr Seuj Kumar Senapati was assaulted.
In the 8-minute long video, one of the attendants present in the centre started hustling Senapati soon after he entered the centre. Things gradually start heating up as attendants chase the doctor to his cabin. The video also shows chairs in the waiting area of the centre, dislodged.
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19