In a ghastly incident, a 13-year-old girl was raped and impregnated by her grandfather in Kampur in Nagaon district of Assam.
The girl is now seven months pregnant.
The incident came to light when the parents of the victim lodged an FIR at the Kampur police station on Friday.
Following the FIR, the accused was arrested and put behind the bars.
A personnel of Kampur police station told EastMojo that based on the FIR, the police arrested Abdul Hamid, 60, the maternal grandfather of the victim.
“In the FIR the victim’s family mentioned that they noticed some physical changes in the girl and when asked her about it she revealed the incident to them,” the police said. A case (66/21) has been registered under section 376(lll) RW/Sec 6 of POCSO Act against Hamid.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24