Guwahati: Banned militant outfit ULFA(I) released the third kidnapped ONCG employee Retul Saikia on Friday at Sangsa village in Nagaland’s Mon district, said reports.
This comes a day after Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma appealed to ULFA(I) chief Paresh Baruah to release Saikia.
Addressing a press conference, the CM said, “Saikia’s parents, his wife and infant son are very distressed since his abduction. As an Assamese, it is my humble request to Paresh Baruah to release him at the earliest.”
Along with Alakesh Saikia and Mohini Mohan Gogoi, Retul Saikia was abducted by the militant outfit a month ago from a rig site in Lakuwa field Sivasagar district.
On May 15, ULFA-I announced a unilateral ceasefire for three months with immediate effect.
In a press statement, ULFA-I said: “Due to COVID-19 induced situation, ULFA-I has decided to suspend all military operations on its part for the next three months with effect from today.”
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases