Guwahati: Devasish Sharma has been appointed as the new commissioner of Guwahati Municipal corporation (GMC) in Assam. He will take over the office from current GMC commissioner Devajyoti Hazarika.
Previously, the Assam Civil Service (ACS) officer held the position of joint resident commissioner at Assam Bhawan in Mumbai. He will keep the charge additionally along with the new role as the GMC commissioner.
The official order dated May 20 by the state department of personnel said, “In the interest of public service, Shri Devasish Sharma, ACS (DR-92), Additional Secretary to the Govt of Assam, General Administration Department and Joint Resident Commissioner, Assam Bhawan, Mumbai is transferred and posted as Commissioner, Guwahati Municipal Corporation with additional charge of Joint Resident Commissioner, Assam Bhawan Mumbai.”
Sharma’s appointment comes along with major bureaucratic reshuffle across the state after Himanta Biswa Sarma took charge as the new chief minister of Assam.
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’
- US to lift travel restrictions for fully vaccinated foreigners from Nov 8
- Heroin worth Rs 8 crore seized in Assam, 2 arrested
- Arunachal Pradesh reports 16 new COVID-19 cases
- Assam govt to review Pollution Control Board order restricting fire crackers