Guwahati: A COVID-19 positive woman gave birth to twins at Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) in Dibrugarh on Friday.
The woman gave birth to a girl and a boy, and both are receiving phototherapy.
The babies were conceived through IVF (Precious Pregnancy) and delivered by caesarean section procedure by AMCH’s COVID-19 obstetrician-gynaecologist team.
The boy weighs 2.5 kg, while the baby girl weighs 2.3 kg.
Earlier this week, a 32-year-old COVID infected mother delivered a baby boy at RNBCH in Kokrajhar.
Assam health minister Keshab Mahanta took to Twitter to laud AMCH’s doctor and nurse team. He said, “It’s profoundly heartwarming to see a mother, who is Covid +ve, holding her twin babies born through IVF. Extremely proud of the @AMCHDibrugarh doctors and nursing team for the successful delivery.”
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900