Guwahati: A COVID-19 positive woman gave birth to twins at Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) in Dibrugarh on Friday.
The woman gave birth to a girl and a boy, and both are receiving phototherapy.
The babies were conceived through IVF (Precious Pregnancy) and delivered by caesarean section procedure by AMCH’s COVID-19 obstetrician-gynaecologist team.
The boy weighs 2.5 kg, while the baby girl weighs 2.3 kg.
Earlier this week, a 32-year-old COVID infected mother delivered a baby boy at RNBCH in Kokrajhar.
Assam health minister Keshab Mahanta took to Twitter to laud AMCH’s doctor and nurse team. He said, “It’s profoundly heartwarming to see a mother, who is Covid +ve, holding her twin babies born through IVF. Extremely proud of the @AMCHDibrugarh doctors and nursing team for the successful delivery.”
Also Read | Assam reports 89 COVID-19 deaths in a day, 26 in Kamrup Metro
- Man sentenced to 100 years in prison for Indian-origin girl’s death in US
- Assam CM inaugurates, lays foundation for Rs 545-cr projects
- Navy’s car expedition covering ‘entire coastline’ flagged off from Kolkata
- What the stars do not have in store for you, as per your horoscope
- Bangladesh MP bats for border hospitals on lines of border haats
- Assam: APSC conducts CCE (Preliminary) exam in 31 districts