Guwahati: Amid the COVID-19 crisis and the increase in oxygen demand, Assam government took a slew of key decisions during a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Dispur on Wednesday.
To ensure sufficient oxygen supply in the state, Assam government has announced 100% free power supply to new oxygen plants and for reviving closed plants.
Sarma tweeted: “To avert Oxygen crisis in Assam, the following decisions were taken in Cabinet:
- If any new Oxygen plant is set up, State Govt would provide 100% free power supply.
- For reviving closed Oxygen plants, 100% free power would be provided.
In case of expansion of existing plants, the new unit would be given free power. All existing oxygen plants would be given 20% free power, announced the CM.
All these decisions would come into effect from January 1, 2021, however, financial implications would be from April 1, 2021.
Also, the Chief Executive Members of Bodoland Territorial Region, Karbi Anglong and Dima Hasao Autonomous Council would be accorded Cabinet status.
“The nomenclature of I/C minister would be changed to Guardian Minister who would take responsibility of their respective districts,” informed Sarma.
During the meeting, the Cabinet also appointed Debojit Saikia as the new Advocate General of Assam.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases