Guwahati: Assam reported 92 more COVID-19 deaths on Monday, its highest single-day fatality, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
Assam detected 6,394 new COVID-19 cases, which is also the highest on a single day.
The new cases were detected after testing 91,481 samples, taking the positivity rate to 6.99 per cent for the day, Sarma said in a tweet.
The state reported 3,650 cases on Sunday against the testing of 42,884 samples.
The chief minister said the rate of recovery from the disease stands at 85.73 per cent.
Of the new cases, 1,100 were detected in Guwahati, he added.
- Nagaland women commission chief’s ‘Good Patriarchy’ jab sparks outrage
- BJP should apologise to people of Assam: Cong on EC warning to Sarma
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 27
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 27
- Online Casino Software Explained
- Tejpal victim named & shamed, trial court order ‘retrograde’: Goa govt to HC