Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma visited the Tingrai market at Digboi in Assam’s Tinsukia district on Saturday to take stock of the grenade blast site. The CM also met family members of the deceased and announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh each.
A grenade explosion on Friday afternoon left two people dead and two others seriously injured.
Sarma condemned the act. “It was a very unfortunate incident and we lost two lives i.e. Sanjiv Singh and Surojit Talukdar. We will not allow peace in the state to be disturbed at any cost. I have already directed Assam Police to investigate the matter and bring the culprits to justice,” the CM said.
The chief minister also met the family members of the deceased and announced financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh for each. He also said the government will take care of the treatment of the two injured in the blast and currently admitted at the Assam Medical College in Dibrugarh.
The Assam CM reached Digboi earlier on Saturday morning and took stock of the security arrangements at the Tingrai market. He was also accompanied by Lok Sabha member Rameswar Teli and Digboi MLA Suren Phukan.
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood
- Assam’s star athlete Amlan Borgohain’s targets CWG, Asian Games next
- NNPGs ‘disturbed’ after Indian intel claims arms procured from Myanmar
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Tripura sounds African swine flu alert; Kanchanpur farm is epicenter
- Associated Press interview: UN chief warns China, US to avoid Cold War