This initiative, supported by Narendra Sarawgi Charitable Trust, invites people who have recently fully recovered COVID-19 to donate convalescent plasma to those who are currently fighting the infection.
Convalescent plasma treatment is currently seen as a promising alternative treatment in the recovery of COVID-19. During recovery, a person who is fighting the infection develops COVID-19 antibodies which help their immune system to fight the virus. This could help other patients who are fighting the lethal disease too.
Assam continues to see an increase in the number of COVID-19 infections every day. While plasma treatment is often prescribed as an effective method of treatment, the dearth of donors has made this a challenge.
The “Guardians of the Pandemic” call hopes to address this challenge and avail more donors for the people in dire need. The first 60 eligible plasma donors will be given rewards worth Rs 4000, along with gift hampers upon successful donation. Transportation for the donors will also be arranged by the organisers of the event.
For more details on the “Guardians of the Pandemic” call, please contact:
- Rishab Surana – 76700 17979
- Subham Agarwal – 87619 99684
- Shirshendu Das – 97063 39163
- Meghalaya organisation writes to CM, urges action on fuel prices
- Russia’s daily Covid-19 death toll passes 1,000
- Man arrested for selling church property worth more than Rs 50 crore
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs