Guwahati: Assam Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Department has informed that the period for administering the second dose of Covishield in the state will be 12-16 weeks after the first dose, instead of the earlier interval of 6-8 weeks. The interval period for Covaxin, however, will remain the same as before.
Anyone above 45 years, who had booked online for the second dose of the vaccine have been requested not to visit until further update on the vaccination apps.
The CoWIN app will not accept the registration if someone wants to get the second dose before the interval period, and hence, are requested to understand that the second dose of the vaccine is only effective after a 12-week interval.
Further, the 1st dose of vaccination for the age group above 45 years will continue in full swing as per the availability of vaccines in respective districts of the state.
As per eVIN, 1,37, 090 vaccines are currently available for the age group above 45 years. If required, all the vaccines stocked in rural areas will be shifted to urban areas since the demand is more in the urban areas.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has directed COVID Vaccination Centres in the state to fix the number of available slots at 200 beneficiaries per centre for both age groups.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion