Guwahati: The Assam government on Friday appointed senior IAS officer Ghanshyam Das as secretary to chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Das was earlier secretary of the agriculture department, an official release said.
Assam civil service officer Simanta Kumar Das, who was the Tinsukia District Development Commissioner, has been transferred and posted as joint secretary to the chief minister.
Another state civil service officer Deba Prasad Misra has been named principal private secretary to Sarma.
Sarma was sworn-in as the chief minister on May 10.
- Photos show N. Korea expanding uranium enrichment plant
- Porns film case: Kundra seeks bail citing ‘no evidence’ against him
- Meghalaya Chief Justice Biswanath Somadder to take charge of Sikkim HC
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection