A total of 2,060 people have died due to the contagion in the state, it said.
Kamrup (Metro) reported the highest number of 20 deaths, followed by six in Dibrugarh, among other districts.
The fresh cases include 1,107 from Kamrup Metro, 352 from Dibrugarh and 323 from Kamrup (Rural).
Assam now has 41,978 active cases, while 2,74,247 people have recovered from the disease so far, the bulletin said. It has tested 93,85,117 samples for COVID-19 thus far.
Altogether, 33,05,054 people have been vaccinated in the state, it added.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands