Guwahati: Assam government has imposed new stricter COVID-19 guidelines making it mandatory for shops to shut down by 11 am, and imposing a total ban of movement of individuals from 12 noon to 5 am.
Movement will only be allowed for 7 hours from 5 am to 12 noon.
An order dated May 15, signed by Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah said, the new directives will be applicable in respect of urban areas and adjacent areas within 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal corporation/ municipal board/ revenue towns and come into force from 5 am on May 16, until further orders.
The details of the new order are as follows:
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 11 AM on all days.
- All vehicles other than government vehicles and those exempted vide Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/250 dated 13th May, 2021 will be allowed to ply in accordance with an odd- even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5 AM to 12 noon. However, this restriction shall not apply to personal vehicles used for medical emergencies.
- There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 12 noon to 5 AM daily, except for exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/250 dated 13th May, 2021.
- Other restrictions as notified vide Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/241 dated 12th May, 2021 and clarifications issued vide Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/250 dated 13Ih May. 2021 shall continue except the modification of timing as above.
- The rural areas not covered by Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/241 dated 12th May, 2021 shall continue to be governed by restrictions stipulated vide Order No.ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021.
The above order is issued to further strengthen the containment of spread of COVID-19.
Also Read | Guwahati to drive ‘odd-even’ amid COVID-19 surge