Guwahati: In a bid to save academic loss for students, Assam government’s secondary education department has rescheduled summer vacations.
As per a notification, against the earlier decided date for vacation, it will now start from May 15 and end on June 14. Earlier, summer vacations were scheduled to start from July 1 to July 31 in the state.
The order dated May 13 is effectively immediately.
This order comes at a time when Assam government has imposed stringent measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 and instructed all education institution to shutdown physical classes for 15 days.
The official notice of Assam Education Board reads, “Considering the fact that in view of the Covid-19 situation in the state of Assam and educational institution being close as on date with the objective of ensuring that students of elementary, secondary and Senior Secondary School (Class 1 to 12) not suffer from any academic loss and therefore, it has been decided that the summer vacation in schools scheduled from 1st July to 31st July 2021 as per academic calendar is hereby rescheduled from 15th May 2021 to 14th June 2021.
This order will come into effect immediately until further orders.”
Assam on Thursday registered 75 more deaths due to COVID-19, pushing the toll to 1,984, while the number of coronavirus cases rose to 3,15,554 with 5,468 people testing positive.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago