Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma paid his first visit to Majuli on Thursday after being appointed the Chief Minister of Assam. He also visited different Satras, such as the Auniati and Kamalabari Satra, and interacted with the senior monks.
The visit comes after Sarma assigned different districts to his new cabinet of ministers to monitor the COVID-19 situation and ensure guidance to the district administration.
Sarma also met Deputy Commissioner Bikram Kairi and took stock of the COVID-19 situation in the district. He also instructed the administration officials to take all necessary steps to curb COVID-19 cases in the district.
The newly appointed chief minister was also seen interacting with the children from the Satras. At the end of his visit, the children bid adieu to Sarma with, ‘Mama akou ahibo’ meaning ‘Do come back uncle.’
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days