Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma paid his first visit to Majuli on Thursday after being appointed the Chief Minister of Assam. He also visited different Satras, such as the Auniati and Kamalabari Satra, and interacted with the senior monks.
The visit comes after Sarma assigned different districts to his new cabinet of ministers to monitor the COVID-19 situation and ensure guidance to the district administration.
Also read: Assam COVID-19: New ministers assigned districts to monitor situation
Sarma also met Deputy Commissioner Bikram Kairi and took stock of the COVID-19 situation in the district. He also instructed the administration officials to take all necessary steps to curb COVID-19 cases in the district.
The newly appointed chief minister was also seen interacting with the children from the Satras. At the end of his visit, the children bid adieu to Sarma with, ‘Mama akou ahibo’ meaning ‘Do come back uncle.’
- Arunachal: Smart streetlights installed at six places in Itanagar
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices