Guwahati: Corona warrior Badan Das, an official with the National Health Mission (NHM) in Assam, died of COVID-19 on Thursday.
A frontline worker, Das lost his battle against coronavirus at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital on Thursday.
Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma expressed grief on the demise of Badan Das, the office manager with National Health Mission. The CM took to Twitter to condole his death.
Sharing a picture with Das from his days as the health minister, CM Sarma wrote: “Deeply saddened at the demise of Badan Das, Office Manager at NHM, who succumbed to COVID at GMCH today. He will be remembered for the yeoman’s service he rendered at the Guwahati Airport during the pandemic. May his soul rest in eternal peace. Prayers for the family.”
As of Wednesday evening, Assam reported 71 deaths due to COVID-19, taking the death toll to 1,909, while 5,657 new cases of infections pushed the state tally to 3,10,086.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa