Nalbari: All the civil hospitals in Assam will have their own oxygen plants in the next one month, state health minister Keshab Mahanta announced on Thursday.
The minister made the statement during a visit to the Nalbari Swahid Mukunda Kakati Civil Hospital to take stock of the COVID situation.
Speaking to reporters, Mahanta said the state government has decided to increase the number of COVID testing to at least a lakh per day.
Replying to a question, he ruled out the possibility of a total lockdown in the state.
Further, Mahanta said the state government is planning a scheme to provide food grains to the below poverty line (BPL) families who are in home quarantine.
- Arunachal: BJP women celebrate passing of reservation Bill
- Manipur: Temporary prison set up in Churachandpur
- Manipur to continue biometric collection of illegal immigrants
- Betting on The NFL In India – A Guide
- Shoppers Stop ropes in Ushasi Ray for their Durga Pujo campaign
- New school initiative for displaced children launched in Churachandpur