Tinsukia: A minor boy has reportedly died after sustaining serious injuries when an abandoned grenade blasted at the Kotha Sema village between Jagun and Bordumsa in Assam‘s Tinsukia district on Tuesday morning.
The incident happened at about 9:30 am and the police has identified the injured as 12-year-old Suraj Hajong.
Confirming the blast, deputy inspector general of police (NE Region) Jitmal Doley said, “According to preliminary reports, the boy was heading towards school when he found an abandoned grenade. The blast occurred when he lifted the grenade.”
“A team of police has rushed to the spot and more details will be available soon,” Doley said.
According to sources, the boy was rushed to the civil hospital at Margherita in critical condition. He later succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia
- ‘Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway’ raises Rs 13 crore in opening weekend
- Assam Assembly passes resolution against BBC amid oppn protests
- Indian envoy in Canada cancels event due to security concerns
- NFI to organise Lamka Youth Summit 2023 across NE states
- Mizoram: Two women arrested with heroin worth Rs 60 lakh