Tinsukia: Ajoy Sahu, the principal of Salt Brook Academy in Assam‘s Dibrugarh district, succumbed to COVID-19 on Monday, said reports.
The deceased was a resident of Moran in Dibrugarh.
The development came on a day when Assam government cancelled the Higher Secondary first-year examinations amid a surge in number of COVID-19 cases in most districts, including Dibrugarh. The state registered 48 deaths due to COVID-19 on Sunday.
Sahu was being treated at Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) for COVID-19 and was declared dead on Monday morning. “He had diabetes mellitus (DM) with hypertension and chronic obstructive airway disease (COAD),” AMCH superintendent Prasanta Dihingia told EastMojo.
On Sunday, Dibrugarh recorded 8.34% positivity rate with 216 fresh cases of COVID-19 out of 2,590 tests.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa