Guwahati: Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) spokesperson Bipul Kumar Dey succumbed to Covid-19 on Sunday. He was admitted to the ICU at Gauhati Medical College and Hospital for the past few days.
APCC issued a statement on the demise of Dey, saying, “Bipul Kumar Dey was a young, energetic and articulate spokesperson who used to regularly participate in debates and discussions in electronic media on behalf of the Congress party. His demise is an irreparable loss for the Congress family.”
“APCC President Ripun Bora, along with office bearers of APCC and media chairperson Bobbeeta Sharma and members of the media department extend their heartfelt condolences at the untimely and shocking demise of Bipul Kumar Dey. We pray for the eternal rest of the departed soul. Om Shanti
Assam Congress leaders also took to Twitter to express grief on the death of the party member.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands