Tinsukia: Two persons, including the superintendent of excise, were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) from Tinsukia on Thursday for allegedly demanding and taking bribe.
The arrested duo were identified as Manash Jyoti Das and office peon Arjun Basfore, an off-roll employee.
According to sources, a team of 11 ACB officials laid a trap in Tinsukia and arrested the duo red-handed while they were accepting the bribe. “A complaint was lodged with ACB alleging that Das and through his accomplish were demanding money from wine shop owners in Tinsukia every month.”
Also Read: Two arrested in connection with IPL gambling in Assam
“Based on available evidence, a case was registered at ACB police station and started their investigation,” the source added.
The team is conducting raids at the chamber of the superintendent of excise located at the office of the deputy commissioner and his residence, the source said. “Interrogation of the accused and searches of their premises are underway, hence, it will be premature to release details of recoveries,” the source added.
The source said the accused persons will be taken to Guwahati where they shall be produced before the special court on Friday.
- Stringent action if anyone found guilty for train accident: PM Modi
- India matching up to China’s infra capabilities on LAC: DG BRO
- Meghalaya: CM meets Garo Hills NGOs over roster system
- Shillong, Tura residents take steps to clean cities as part of World Env. Day
- Dev. not at cost of environment: Arunachal Forest minister
- Can stories of kindness negate the negative effects of looking at bad news?