Guwahati: Health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma inspected Guwahati Railway Station to assess the preparedness of COVID care coaches readied by Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) on Wednesday.
Assam government has urged NFR to prepare 150 COVID care coaches at various locations over the state which will be placed at identified stations as and when required by the state authorities.
The Ministry of Railways is undertaking deployment of COVID care coaches to places of demand by respective states on a war footing, mobilising workforce and material for this task through rapid action. So far, a fleet of nearly 4000 Isolation coaches with almost 64000 beds to serve as Isolation Units is ready.
In the latest development, Nagaland and Gujarat sought isolation coaches, the Railway has catered to their demand and positioned the coaches at Sabarmati, Chandlodiya and Dimapur, respectively. As per States’ demand, at present, 232 coaches have been handed over to various states for COVID care with a bed capacity of nearly 4000 beds.
Recently, 10 COVID care coaches have been placed at Dimapur Railway Station in Nagaland and handed over to the state government for admitting COVID patients.
Also Read | Third wave of COVID-19 ‘inevitable’: Govt
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31