Guwahati: Kalyan Baruah, New Delhi Bureau Chief of The Assam Tribune and Anirban Bora, Graphic Head at The Economic Times, New Delhi passed away due to COVID-19 in the national capital on Saturday. The media fraternity and their former colleagues took to Twitter to express their grief.
Condoling Baruah death, Press Club of India tweeted, “The PCI, with a heavy heart, announces the passing of our MC member Kalyan Barooah. He was the Delhi correspondent of the Assam Tribune and was a regular face at the club. He was a philosopher & guide to generations of journalists from the Northeast, esp from his home state Assam.”
Several of colleagues and contemporaries expressed grief on the micro-blogging site.
ET’s Anirban Bora was fondly remembered by his colleagues. His phenomenal illustrations were shared once again shared by people who loved them. He was remembered for his wonderful works, passion for food, and affable nature.
- 8 everyday foods that are ultra processed. Here’s how to spot them
- IIT Mandi develops new tech to make military equipment invisible to radar
- PM urges global investors to explore Indian energy sector
- Budget a ‘silent strike’ on poor by Modi govt: Sonia Gandhi
- We want to diversify ties with India: Russian Ambassador Alipov
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal