Guwahati: Kalyan Baruah, New Delhi Bureau Chief of The Assam Tribune and Anirban Bora, Graphic Head at The Economic Times, New Delhi passed away due to COVID-19 in the national capital on Saturday. The media fraternity and their former colleagues took to Twitter to express their grief.
Condoling Baruah death, Press Club of India tweeted, “The PCI, with a heavy heart, announces the passing of our MC member Kalyan Barooah. He was the Delhi correspondent of the Assam Tribune and was a regular face at the club. He was a philosopher & guide to generations of journalists from the Northeast, esp from his home state Assam.”
Several of colleagues and contemporaries expressed grief on the micro-blogging site.
ET’s Anirban Bora was fondly remembered by his colleagues. His phenomenal illustrations were shared once again shared by people who loved them. He was remembered for his wonderful works, passion for food, and affable nature.
- Eyeing play-off berth, Delhi Capitals have their nose ahead against KKR
- Google in court to appeal EU’s 2018 Android antitrust case
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission