Guwahati: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, (IITG) and the North East Frontier Railway (NFR) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to collaborate on research projects aiming at improving maintenance and operations of train running in the region and other fields, an official said on Monday.
The institute will also support the NFR to make its stations plastic-free by providing alternate biodegradable polymer-based technologies, IITG Director Prof T G Sitharam said in a statement.
Prof Sitharam said that under the Memorandum of Understanding, the NFR and IIT Guwahati will jointly execute projects in the areas of geotechnical assistance, structure, bridges, Information Technology, overhead equipment, signalling and safety assessment, Artificial Intelligence-based predictive maintenance systems and Internet of Things design features.
The collaboration will also ensure improving maintenance and operations of rolling stock, yards, train operations and green technologies, the statement said.
The two organisations will also work for developing world-class railway stations in the areas under the NFR, it said.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24