Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases in the state, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) on Tuesday imposed a night curfew in all districts effective immediately till May 1.
The night curfew has been imposed from 8 pm to 5 am, with a total ban on movements except for essential and emergency activities/ services.
The exemptions are as follows:
- Officers/officials of Government of India/ Government of Assam, its autonomous/subordinate offices & Public Corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence. Fire and emergency services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity. Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses) including all incidental services/activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC, and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid Identity card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies.
- All Judicial officers/officials of courts of Assam on the production of valid Identity card.
- All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical staff etc., and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services).
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services.
- Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on the production of a valid ticket.
- Officers/officials related to the functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on the production of valid Identity card.
7. Electronic and print Media on production of valid Identity card
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential/non-essential goods_ No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
- Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing the following essential services/commodities shall be allowed:
I. Shops dealing with food. groceries, fruits & vegetables. dairy & milk booths. meat & fish, animal fodder. pharmaceuticals. medicines and medical equipments.
II. Banks. Insurance offices and ATMs.
III. Telecommunications. Internet services. Broadcasting and Cable services. IT and IT-enabled services
IV. Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce
V. Petrol pumps. LPG. CNG. petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets
VI. Power generation. transmission and distribution units and services
VII. Cold storage and warehousing services
VIII. Private security services
IX. Manufacturing units of essential commodities
X. Production units or services which require a continuous process
- Persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Sec 188 of IPC and other legal provisions as applicable.